Tuesday, March 11, 2008

A new flight

The intended purpose of this blog is to be my starting point for the Web 2.0 101 continuing education class for the Medical Library Association, but who knows what direction the field or my studies may take me from here.

I've been blogging off and on since 1996 or so. Back then I hammered out HTML by hand to give brief updates to IRC friends about what I was up to, and that's pretty much the extent of my personal blogging now. The evidence is in the WayBackMachine and I'm not sharing it here ;) When I first heard the term 'blog' back in those ancient days, I thought it meant a backup log of activity on web servers so I did not consider myself a blogger. I still don't think of myself as a 'real' blogger because, for the time being, I don't have practical deep and profound brain things inside my head about the medical library profession since I'm not actually in it yet. I'm full of theory as any new graduate who is considered young by our profession's standards should be, but old enough to keep quiet and observe for now without expounding in public.

Welcome aboard for the ride!

0 comments: