Friday, October 31, 2008

Friday Foolery #6: Fighting entropy from coast to coast

en·tro·py n. Symbol S For a closed thermodynamic system, a quantitative measure of the amount of thermal energy not available to do work.

My entire household has been wiped out with a nasty cold, and while I've continued telecommuting in the midst of it all I'm often finding myself staring vacantly at my laptop screen. My theory is that my energy is simply not available to do work. Thanks entropy!

On the information overload fun side of entropy here's The Counter-Entropy Squad, the Weill Cornell Medical Library's short film presentation on Wednesday, October 29th, 2008



I also found this rather bizarre entropy combat strategy thanks to my native homeland of Northern California (I'm betting Sonoma County.) I am apparently more of a cataloging geek than I knew because I immediately thought JS.. think that's something about government...E? There's JS but no JSE in LC...

0 comments: