Friday, October 3, 2008

Friday Foolery #2: The 'S' Word

USA Today has come out with a new survey - apparently, three out of every four people make up 75% of the population. ~David Letterman
I understand the need for statistics, truly I do. They speak succinctly to certain situations where descriptive statements don't, but can be misconstrued in so many different ways that I've become rather skeptical of them. I've been buried with good, bad, and downright sobering stats lately (all my state's neighbors rank among the top ten suicide rates in the nation along with an overwhelming number of other Western rural states) for work and needed a diversion.

Along came Organization Monkey to the rescue with her fantastic stats signal!




Thanks Marie! :)

Bonus: 6 other fun statistics quotes in addition to Letterman's


Bookmark and Share

0 comments: