Friday, May 29, 2009

Friday Foolery #36: It's all about the cake

My entire family has a bit of an obsession about cake.

My eldest aunt is one who both sends and expects to receive birthday cards about cake, no mushy sentimental writing for her. We call each other on birthdays and discuss the cake although for most of them it is assumed to be white cake with white buttercream frosting. Our branch is a little more flexible since we are chocoholics, but that awful slimy Crisco fluff frosting is not allowed.

There are stories of joy, sorrow, and the paranormal around family birthday cakes, and don't even get me started on the wedding cakes which are subject to such a high level of scrutiny that I believe ours required more time & planning than the ceremony itself.

You may already be familiar with Cake Wrecks but I just had to feature them here because days later I am still laughing over An Indecent Proposal (perfectly safe for work as long as you can laugh out loud) where a man decided to propose with a cake during a cruise.

As he and his girlfriend went for a walk on the beach, though, they came across the very inspiration he'd been looking for. There, written in the sand, illuminated by moonlight, was the word "dork".

This alone is the type of humor I live for but wait, there's more...

Then, with a flick of the wrist, the waiter removes the lid to reveal....




Her answer & another cake? Click to find out!

I see a bright future for that manyed couple if they were so in love they didn't even notice what would have driven me to hysterical tears of laughter. I fully agree with this comment.

0 comments: